At Felmoor Park we are committed to providing good quality service whilst actively reducing our environmental impact.
Some ways in which we are currently achieving this are: –
• Our log cabins are built from wood from sustainable resources – wood is an incredibly good insulator
and its natural thermal insulation provides all year round comfort – warm in winter, cool in summer.
• All windows are double glazed
• All curtains are fully lined to prevent heat loss.
• Showers are provided to use instead of baths as a water saving option.
• Recycling of glass, paper, cardboard and cans through our on-site recycling bins and bottle bank.
• We use environmental friendly cleaning products.
• Our welcome pack consists of Fairtrade tea, coffee and sugar and eco-friendly washing up liquid,
recycled paper toilet rolls and kitchen rolls.
• We bulk buy and refill whenever possible to reduce packaging waste.
• We have installed energy saving light bulbs wherever appropriate.
• All white goods are new and energy efficient products.
• We actively encourage guests to switch off electrical appliances and not to leave on standby.
• We actively encourage guests to switch off the water/heating boiler when checking out and to turn the heating down when leaving the log cabins for any length of time.
• Wind up torches are provided.
• We have removed our patio heaters to cut down on energy waste.
• We provide public transport timetables and a local footpath map.
• We provide online booking with email notification to reduce paper.
• We use email whenever possible and appropriate to reduce paper.
• We double sided print whenever possible.
• All ink cartridges are recycled.
• We do not use herbicides or pesticides on the ground.
Northumberland should be savoured rather than be hurried so come on in, you won’t be disappointed. Summation:
If you have any questions about this Environment Policy or the practices of this site, please contact us.